01AB773 Introduction to Sustainable Agriculture in Rural Areas
An in depth discussion of “state-of-the-art” practices is presented in this course. The catalog description highlights: Soil structure and fertility, sustainable water management at farm, management of pests and chemical application systems, site-specific management, participatory approaches, sustainable agribusiness and ICT planning for sustainable agriculture in rural areas, food security concepts and discussion.
- To develop and use reasoning skill for analyzing sustainable agricultural systems in rural areas
- To acquire and use selected techniques to develop sustainable agricultural practices
- To become acquainted with all types of problems, measure and means to develop sustainable agricultural practices
Number of hours : 25 hrs
Quiz : Quizes to practice different problems of sustainable agriculture in the classes
Project Presentation :
The project is building a demonstration model for general to public. The model should explain what is sustainable agriculture and related problems in the existing farming systems.
- Integrating Sustainable Agriculture, Ecology, and Environmental Policy, Richard K. Olson,
- Sustainable Development: Concepts, Issues and Policies in OECD countries,
- Sustainable Economics Environmental and Development: Principles and Practice by R. Kerry Turner, Information and Communication Technologies and Rural Development, OECD. Online Resources,
- Bioproduction Engineeering: Automaton and Precision Agronomics for Sustainable Agricultural Systems (Second Edition), Tofael Ahamed, Ryozo Noguchi, and Tomohiro Takigawa and Lei Tian, Nova Science Publishers, Inc ISBN: 978-1-63484-793-3, 274 Pages, New York, USA, 2016.
- Sustainability: Integrating Environment, Agriculture, and Renewable Energy for Food Security,Tofael Ahamed, Ryozo Noguchi, and Tomohiro Takigawa, N0VA Science Publishers, Inc, ISBN-978-1-63117-702-6. 240 Pages, New York, USA, 2015.
- Data to Knowledge: Interdisciplinary Research Methodologies for Agricultural Sciences, Tofael Ahamed, N0VA Science Publishers, Inc, ISBN-13: 978-1536123944, New York, USA, 2017